I really liked the kinetic art of Lyman Whitaker at the Dallas Arboretum. Here’s one short video I took:
I have a couple of kinetic pieces in my gardens – way smaller than these – and I plan to acquire more over time.
Yet another month with my goals being published a tad bit late, but here goes:
- Get Quicken caught up for 2018 – I got a bit behind in June
- Visit the Dallas Arboretum to see the Kinetic Sculpture Exhibit before it ends
- Work towards finishing the auction/probate legal stuff on my dad’s estate – progress has actually occurred this week and it’s possible that the probate stuff will be done by September.
- Complete DCMGA Newsletter for August 1st publication date
- Continue regular blogging here on Musings, Mischief, and Mayhem
- Continue walking / exercising / swimming
- Maintain the pool / yard / gardens
- Finish spraying for fleas in the carpeted areas of the house as a precaution (Blackie had a few fleas on him when he visited last month)
- 100% ETL and continued weight loss – time to set a new weight goal!
- Prepare for Liana’s visit the last week of the month, which means working on the DCMGA newsletter ahead of time and also laying in some art supplies or fun things to do the few days she’s here. We can’t stay in the pool all day, every day!
- Set up the plant terrarium for my begonia cuttings/rootings
- Finish one picture project – the one for Mom’s very belated Mother’s Day gift or the wildflower photos for my office wall
- Decide on paint color for new inside wall of the bonus room
That seems like quite a long list, doesn’t it?! Too many of these are carry-overs from previous months. With Liana visiting the last week of the month and the travel that will incur to pick her up and take her back, I doubt I’ll be cleaning up many of the carry-overs this month either.