Is it the end of February already? In addition to February being a short month (only 28 days!), we were traveling 7 days of February, which left only 21 days to tackle an overly-optimistic goals list. I really needed this year to be a leap year!
In addition to travel, at the February 6th Newsletter Meeting I somehow became the Managing Editor of the DCMGA newsletter, which hasn’t been published since 2011. This required more meetings and a lot of time spent learning the program chosen to create said newsletter. This will be a major focus in March, as the first issue is to be sent out to members and the public on April 2.
Goals (or partial goals) accomplished are in green; those undone are in red.
- Take down & put away the Christmas decorations
- Work towards finishing the auction/probate legal stuff on my dad’s estate
- Catch up Quicken to be ready for taxes in March – This will be one of my two major focuses for March
- Continue regular blogging here on Musings, Mischief, and Mayhem – I don’t consider 4 blog posts in February to be regular blogging.
- Finish the baby blanket begun for a Master Gardener friend – I’m down to weaving in yarn ends and then I’ll be done.
- Continue walking – we’ve had a lot of rain, so instead of walking outside, I’ve been using our elliptical regularly.
- Focus on ETL eating and weight loss – My goal was 100% ETL – no-added sugar, no added oil, no Starbucks – and I succeeded right up to our trip to Paris Texas last weekend. But, I did lose 3 pounds and I did stick to 100% for 22 of 28 days, so I feel pretty darn good about that. Wait until you see March’s challenge!
- Focus on using my standing desk more, rather than sitting in the living room when using the computer – it will be much better for my back. – Success here, using the desk more. And between chiropractor visits and using the elliptical, my back is much improved.
- Start a new blog for book reviews – set up my name website, find a new theme to use
- Clean up the yard & gardens as weather permits
- Come up with an outline of gardening projects and timelines for 2018
- Decide how the hallway side of the new bonus room wall will be finished – paint, mural, photographs, decals, etc.
- Do one picture project
These last items were low on the list, so I’m not surprised that none were accomplished or even started! February was the third wettest February on record here in DFW (we’re up to 12+ inches here at the house and it rained again today), so any outside work was problematic. The only gardening I did was digging up some daffodil clumps that were coming up in the yard and moving them to a flower bed. One of those bloomed this morning!