- We replaced the downstairs toilet with a low-flow toilet.
- We had the house appraised, as part of the refinance process. The appraisal came back at quite a nice number, giving us a hefty boost in equity value.
- I attended the Denton County Master Gardener Fall Festival in Flower Mound and the Master Gardener Round Up in Denton later in the month, at which I submitted my application for the 2017 Master Gardener Class.
- Bill had to travel to Houston for a client the last week of October, so I went with him. We left early and had two weekends to spend in Galveston. It was a fun trip, with some sightseeing on the weekends (even a Duck Tour!). Our hotel in Houston was on the very edge of downtown, so I did a lot of walking / exploring of downtown Houston. The weather was perfect!
- My cousin and I began a reading challenge on her It’s a Mystery Blog. If you’d like to know more, visit Bestseller Code 100.
- We finalized the mortgage refinance.
- I had my Master Gardener interview early in the month and then received word just a week ago that I was accepted. I’m super excited and know I will learn a lot about gardening in Texas.
- I sent two crocheted baby blankets to a relative who delivered twin boys.
- Bill ordered a computer, which will replace three old boxes that run continuously, serving various functions. Hopefully one new unit will use less electricity than three old units.
- We spent Thanksgiving holiday putting up shelves & rails & hangars in the garage. We’re not quite finished yet. Bill has new toolboxes arriving this Thursday and then he will be putting up some more shelves & lighting around the tool area.
- I’ve tried to keep up with the bounty (leaves, twigs, etc.) that the neighbor’s cottonwood tree continues to bestow upon us.
- I picked up an art easel along the side of the curb on a trash day. It needed some repair, which Bill did. So now I have an easel!
- My raised bed continues to keep me happy with Swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, and Chinese cabbage. Oh, and I even planted a couple of Brussels sprouts, just for fun. I probably planted them too late, though, as they aren’t growing very fast. Maybe we’ll have a mild winter and I’ll be able to harvest some sprouts!
- Bill installed a pull-out cabinet kit for my most-used and most-unorganized cupboard. It works beautifully!
And now you are up to date!