It’s been quite some time since I posted any sort of update. I’ll try to give some highlights from the past few months. (Part One was posted yesterday)
- I completed and shipped my brother’s wedding gift so that he received in time for his first anniversary.
- A whirlwind car trip. Sixteen days. The first leg was driving from DFW to Detroit to visit one of Bill’s cousins. On the way we stopped at the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum in Auburn Indiana. While in Detroit, we visited the Henry Ford Museum. The next leg was driving to upstate New York to visit extended family and friends,
and also attend a surprise 80th birthday party for one of my aunts.
The third leg was south to north Alabama to visit Charles, Rebecca & Liana. And then finally back home. We had a wonderful time and would do it again in a heartbeat, although maybe we’d shorten it by just a couple of days. The last two days we were getting a little antsy in the car.
- While on our trip, we closed on the sale of our Alabama trailer/property.
- David flew to Connecticut to attend a wedding.
- I paid down a bunch of bills from the proceeds of the Alabama sale. Oh, that felt so very good.
- We started the process of refinancing the mortgage on our Texas home, with the goal to get it refinanced before the election. I was pretty certain rates would go up after then.
- We bought a new lawn mower, which works really nicely on our small yard.
- The Neon continued to have sensors and such fail, leaving the driver (usually me!) stranded. Not fun!
- My Texas Star Hibiscus grew and grew and grew! And I had blossoms galore.
To Be Continued….