This has to be one of the quickest large projects I’ve ever completed. On August 24th I received a huge box of yarn from my mother (see picture at Granny Hexagon Afghan Progress). By the very next day I had picked out the design and project and was madly crocheting granny hexagons. Less than eight weeks and 290 granny hexagons later, my new bedspread was done.
Forthe border, I did two rounds of double crochet (one right side, the second on the backside so it wouldn’t curl as much) in the light periwinkle that was used to join all the hexagons together. At the corners I increased and decreased the double crochet stitches as needed. For the last row I did a single crochet once around in the darker blue.
I absolutely love it!
We have begun using it at night already, since temperatures are dropping down into the 40s and I don’t kick the heat on until after we get up.
Oh, and I still have a huge amount of yarn left, mostly of variegated delft tile, but also small amounts of the white, yellow, blue, periwinkle and light periwinkle.
More than enough for another fairly large project! But not today … today I am working on repairing an afghan I made for Kat many years ago. And then I have two baby blankets to get finished this before December.
And much love and thanks goes to my mother for sending me the yarn! That was the nicest surprise I have had in a very long time.