I completed the granny hexagons and have them all joined. Instead of the original 266, I actually needed 290! My calculations were either a bit off or (more likely) I decided the afghan/bedspread needed to be slightly larger.
Now I need to figure out how to make an edging, or even if I will make an edging. I don’t really like the look of it with the uneven edges.
The original intent was to go around at least two times with the same color that was used to join the hexagons. The unevenness of the hexagons makes that plan a bit problematic. I have already tried a couple of ideas and did not like how they looked. Stay tuned for the end result! I am determined to finish this project; setting it aside to deal with the edging later is not an option.