In February, there were memories to preserve:
- David’s first job interview.
- Bill and I spent Valentine’s weekend square dancing in Yuma, visiting with old friends, and touring Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.
- 57 hours without natural gas for heating, hot water and cooking. It was an adventure where one can feel pride in rising to the challenge, but if it had lasted any longer it would have become a huge pain in the butt!
- NASCAR race season began again, with my favorite driver, Jeff Gordon, winning the second race of the season at Phoenix.
In February, there were things that deserved editing:
- Bill’s job announcement that is leading us to begin, yet again, the job hunt dance.
- The change in my hypothyroid medication relieved the aching joints, but sleep still seems to be just out of reach due to night sweats. I forgot to take my vitamins for several days, which brought back the night sweats, and also the upped dosage of medication has a side effect of increased sweating.
- My dad scaring us all by falling off a ladder, being knocked unconscious, ambulance rides to two different hospitals with initial very scary test results and ultimately “only” breaking a rib.
In February, there were the moments that hold our lives together:
- More dental work for me.
- Clogging class and square dancing on Friday nights.
- I completed a second poncho for Munchkin, which fit her perfectly.
In February, there were mountains climbed:
- 39 posts to my personal blog.
- A month later my desk still remains relatively clean, with a good deal of bare desktop showing.
- I am still working on a schedule so that I do not spend the whole day playing with blogs, but I have been somewhat successful in getting other things done.
- Quicken updates – I am still working on Quicken, but am also close to done. Hopefully by this coming weekend I’ll be ready to begin taxes, which should only take a couple of hours once I have the Quicken information all up to date.
- I did decide to not continue my racing blog and did not renew the domain this month. I have too many ideas for new blogs to continue working on one that I no longer care about nor that garners any income.
In February, there were pitfalls to overcome:
Only 2 posts to the LeapingFromTheBox blog.
- Guitar practice – I practiced once and that was only because Munchkin reminded me!
- Mixed success with the “not playing” solitaire goal. Having a puzzle to work on in another room does help a great deal, but there was several days in between puzzles where I fell back into the routine of playing solitaire.
- The LeapingFromTheBox website was mostly ignored this month. Once I get taxes out of the way, I will be able to focus on updates for the website.