In January, there were memories to preserve:
- Daytrips with our son to some scenic southeastern Arizona locales.
- Bill and I enjoying a square dance weekend getaway.
- Munchkin and I enjoying several days of Skypeing, with tea parties and card games.
- A coffee date with new friends.
- Taking David to Joe’s Crab Shack to celebrate his latest certification achievement.
In January, there were things that deserved editing:
- Bill’s stress about work.
- I experienced some nice relief from my hypothyroidism symptoms shortly after beginning some medication, but by the end of the month the symptoms had all returned.
- Our aggravating television. Some days there’s no signal, other days it forgets to record what is scheduled, and then some times it just decides to initialize the hard drive on its own, formatting everything and losing all I have recorded. I need to have it reliable by the time Daytona Week begins later this month!
In January, there were the moments that hold our lives together:
- Son David attending a fruitful Job Fair.
- More dental work for me, with more to come in February and March. I’m hopeful I can get it all done this spring and then look forward to many months before I have to visit the dentist again.
- Clogging began again. The first few lessons were encouraging; hopefully clogging will actually become a fun way to exercise.
- I completed several “Pay It Forward” crochet projects and began a second poncho for Munchkin, as the first one did not fit properly.
In January, there were mountains climbed:
- Thanks to joining the Mommytography 365 Project, I added 36 posts to my personal blog.
- The momentum from my personal blog spilled over to my LeapingFromTheBox blog, where I posted 6 times.
- A clean desk (mine)! And a week later it is still clean.
- We rented our property in Alabama, resulting in more positive cash flow.
In January, there were pitfalls to overcome:
- As much fun as the Mommytography 365 Project is, I want to begin developing a schedule that will limit the amount of time I spend on editing pictures. It is too easy to spend the whole morning on pictures and thereby accomplishing little in the other areas I want to focus on.
- Guitar practice – I did well the first half of the month and making encouraging progress with my finger exercises. But then I forgot to practice during much of the last half of the month. I figured out that I moved the guitar about that time to a place that was not so visible. Out of sight, out of mind! It is time to begin again.
- Ditto with the intention of not playing solitaire. The puzzle idea helped a lot until I hit the sky area of the puzzle and progress slowed practically to a halt. Then I fell back into the routine of playing solitaire. However, I still did not play it as much as I did in December, so progress was achieved and the puzzle idea did work.
- Quicken updates – These were finally begun during the last week of January. This will be my main focus for February so we can get our taxes done early.
- The LeapingFromTheBox website saw only a few updated entries. Again, another area that I desire to focus more of my time on. As much fun as the pictures are, it is the Leaping website that is actually earning an income.