In December, there were memories to preserve:
- Sorting through and scanning my Grammy’s drawings and paintings.
- A surprise 75th birthday party for my dad in Alabama.
- Spending several days in Alabama with family, including our son & daughter-in-law whom we had not seen in a year and a half.
- Exchanging Christmas gifts with our granddaughter, Miss Munchkin.
- Eating stuffed B-B-Q potatoes at Big Bob Gibson’s in Decatur, Alabama, with our children.
- Celebrating son David’s 23rd birthday with cashew chicken, chocolate trifle and presents.
- Receiving Christmas jewelry from Bill, the first since our wedding rings over thirty-one years ago.
- • Being able to include current family pictures in this year’s Christmas card
In December, there were things that deserved editing:
- Sorting through belongings at our home in Alabama that had been trashed by vandals.
- Bill catching a nasty cold while on vacation that has lasted the whole last half of the month.
- Learning I have a thyroid issue that will require medication for the rest of my life.
In December, there were the moments that hold our lives together:
- Holiday shopping, decorating and succeeding in mailing most of the Christmas cards before Christmas.
- Paying the bills and trying to find the top of my desk, again!
- Stocking up on groceries after emptying the refrigerator in preparation for our week away.
In December, there were mountains climbed:
- 12 Musings blog posts.
- I started practicing the guitar daily, although it may be too soon to post since it has only been the last few days of the month.
- One personal growth exercise actually put to paper, resulting in some very noticeable trends that warrant future contemplation.
- One decision made concerning the Leaping website that had been long put off.
In December, there were pitfalls to overcome:
- Only 1 Leaping blog post and 0 Racing Blog posts.
- I played mindless games online too often.