Tag: Horses and Ribbons Afghan

Tuesday Blanket and Taxes Update

Horse & Ribbons crocheted blanket

Liana’s Birthday Blanket progress

I am making excellent progress on Liana’s Birthday blanket. If I can keep up this pace, I could have it done before the end of the month! That would be wonderful.

I spoke too soon about the scorpions yesterday … another rather large one was on the sticky pads in the garage this morning.

Taxes were begun yesterday. I ran into a bit of snag early on with my reports from Quicken for the business and had to wait for Bill to come home and see what the issue was. I spent about an hour trying to figure it out before he got home and we spent another hour together working on it and finally decided it is a Quicken error. When you run single year Balance Sheet reports, there’s a running balance showing in the Accounts Receivables (Customer Invoices), but when you run a Balance Sheet for the entire life cycle of the business, or any other reports that show Receivables, there’s a zero balance, which is what it should be. Obviously a Quicken error, and it was driving me crazy, but glad to figure out that it wasn’t anything I had entered or set up incorrectly.

More taxes this afternoon, more cross stitching this evening!

Catching Up

I disappeared again! Did you notice? I’ve been busy updating state pages on my homeschooling website. And crocheting on Liana’s baby afghan, which I would like to have done by Christmas, but I’m not sure I will quite have it done by then. I am making good progress, getting about 4-5 rows done each day. At this point, the base blanket is about half done.

Horses and Ribbons Afghan

Once the base blanket is done, then you use yarn to cross stitch the design on top of the blanket. Never again will I ever ever do another project that uses the afghan (Tunisian) crochet stitch. And yeah, I’ve said that before. This time I really do mean it!

I saw this lovely moth on our patio Sunday afternoon:

moth

Aren’t the colors beautiful?

And last, but not least, this past Saturday marked four weeks of standing at my desk instead of sitting. I consider the experiment a success and will continue standing. I love being able to quickly come and go from my desk without having to get up out of a chair. I love being able to bounce/dance to my music as I’m working. My leg muscles are definitely stronger. My buttocks are much less sore, although the tailbone itself still remains sore. I suspect that will take a lot longer to heal up. The biggest drawback is how tired I am by the end of the day. The first two weeks were rough. By the end of week four, I’m doing well during the week, but by Friday evening I am pretty exhausted physically. I spend more of the weekend sitting to rest my legs, and by Monday I’m more than ready to be standing again! The small drawback is that I thought I would lose weight by standing more, but instead I have gained one pound over the past four weeks. Bill reminded me that muscle weighs more than fat, so maybe gaining a pound is actually a good thing. In any case, I will continue to stand while I work at my computer and let Copper use my computer chair!

Copper the cat

I disturbed her sleep when I took the first picture!

Copper the cat

Never disturb a sleeping cat!