It’s been quite some time since I posted any sort of update. I’ll try to give some highlights from the past few months. (Part One and Part Two were posted earlier in the week)
- We finalized the mortgage refinance.
- I had my Master Gardener interview early in the month and then received word just a week ago that I was accepted. I’m super excited and know I will learn a lot about gardening in Texas.
- I sent two crocheted baby blankets to a relative who delivered twin boys.
- Bill ordered a computer, which will replace three old boxes that run continuously, serving various functions. Hopefully one new unit will use less electricity than three old units.
- We spent Thanksgiving holiday putting up shelves & rails & hangars in the garage. We’re not quite finished yet. Bill has new toolboxes arriving this Thursday and then he will be putting up some more shelves & lighting around the tool area.
- I’ve tried to keep up with the bounty (leaves, twigs, etc.) that the neighbor’s cottonwood tree continues to bestow upon us.
- I picked up an art easel along the side of the curb on a trash day. It needed some repair, which Bill did. So now I have an easel!
- My raised bed continues to keep me happy with Swiss chard, kale, mustard greens, and Chinese cabbage. Oh, and I even planted a couple of Brussels sprouts, just for fun. I probably planted them too late, though, as they aren’t growing very fast. Maybe we’ll have a mild winter and I’ll be able to harvest some sprouts!
- Bill installed a pull-out cabinet kit for my most-used and most-unorganized cupboard. It works beautifully!
And now you are up to date!