Saturday was a very busy day. In the morning we cleaned up the garage so that the Neon can be parked inside during the upcoming severe weather season. Bill checked over our new-to-us bikes that we bought last summer and then we took a test ride. We both remembered how! The robot worked at cleaning up the pool, which had so much silt from the rains last month that we had to run it through two cleaning cycles. After lunch we picked up all the sticks from the cottonwood and then raked & bagged leaves in the backyard. I finished emptying the one compost bin (multiple pails full – I’m impressed by how well these bins work!) into containers and the new flowerbed and then planted three plants that had wintered over in pots into the bed.
Sunday we slept late and groaned as we got out of bed. We definitely overdid yesterday, but the weather was beautiful and we’ve had so few of those days recently. We are mostly just resting today, watching the Las Vegas NASCAR Monster Energy race.
We did go out for a twenty-minute bike ride this morning – thought we’d get that in before the rain this afternoon. Yup, that’s right, we’re having rain again.
March is a longer month than February, there will be no traveling (at least none planned right now), and my goals list is much smaller. I’m looking forward to seeing more GREEN in the March Goals Wrap-up post.
Goals are listed in order of relative importance.
- Catch up Quicken enough to be able complete 2017 taxes
- Work towards finishing the auction/probate legal stuff on my dad’s estate
- Complete DCMGA Newsletter for April 2 publication date
- Continue regular blogging here on Musings, Mischief, and Mayhem
- Start crocheting wedding blanket for a cousin
- Continue walking / exercising
- 100% ETL and continued weight loss
- Clean up the yard & gardens as weather permits
- Come up with an outline of gardening projects and timelines for 2018
- Decide on paint color for new bonus room wall – inside and outside –and what mural/photo will be hung on the hallway side
I am participating in a group 31 Day Challenge following the 6 Week Plan for Aggressive Weight Loss described in Chapter 8 of the Eat to Live Book by Dr. Joel Fuhrman, which means:
- all raw vegetables (goal: 1 lb. daily) cooked green and non-green nutrient-rich vegetables (goal: 1 lb. daily)
- beans, legumes, bean sprouts, and tofu (goal: 1 cup daily)
- fresh fruits (at least 4 daily)
LIMIT THESE FOODS
- 1 serving or 1 cup daily of cooked starchy vegetables or whole grains which include: butternut & acorn squash, corn, white & sweet potatoes, bread, cereal
- 1 oz. max. daily of raw nuts and seeds
- 2 oz. max. daily avocado
- 2 tbsp max. daily dried fruit
- 1 tbsp. max. ground flaxseeds
- dairy products
- animal products
- fruit juice
- between-meal snacks
It’s a very strict group challenge – if you flub up once, you are supposed to remove yourself quietly from the group. The no caffeine part will be most difficult; it means not even my Sweet & Spicy tea. But, I pretty much successfully followed this plan through most of February and I’m sure I can manage 31 days! I’m really serious about “releasing” more weight and this is the way that works best for me.
Wish me luck!