Nothing organized, just random ideas and perplexities.
- I began a gratitude journal yesterday, and since it only had two entries by the end of the day, I believe I seriously need to continue it.
- Even though I no longer have an “official” homeschool chat, I do so enjoy meeting some of my online friends on IRC every Friday morning and just hashing out our lives.
- I so hope the second half of 2011 goes more smoothly than the first half. Frankly I’m tired of the not-knowing what we will do. First it was, does Bill have a job after June 3rd or not? And then it was if he has a job, will the pay be the same or much lower? And now, with him still in the interview process for another job in another state, it’s will he get that job? Will we be moving soon? Add in the stress this month alone of my dad’s death, the wildfire, having to evacuate, is it any wonder I can’t think of anything to write in a gratitude journal?
- I am on the last row of my nephew’s graduation afghan and am running low on yarn. It looks like I will have to buy another whole skein just to finish a quarter of a round.
- I got my hair cut yesterday for the first time in over a year. Just trimmed about three inches off, so it is not so hot and sweaty to sleep on. I had been braiding it at night so that I wasn’t lying on all that hair, but then it was all kinky and frizzy during the day from the braiding, which I didn’t like at all. This feels so much better!
- The Monument Fire now has only 70 personnel assigned to finish mopping up the hot spots, squelching any new flare-ups, and helping in the rehabilitation of the area after the fire is out. I’ve had a fire or two in my lifetime, but nothing has frightened me as much as having a wildfire less than a mile from our house and having to emergency evacuate. Its one thing to evacuate from an impending hurricane where you have time to process and prepare, but this was EVERYBODY OUT RIGHT NOW! I hope to never go through that again!
- I miss playing Scrabble on Facebook with two friends. I guess life just became too much for all of us this past month and we’ve let our games slip slide away.
- I could easily become addicted to Starbuck’s Mocha Coconut Frappuccino. And no, I do not want to know how many calories are in it! I don’t get mine with whipped cream, so I am sure that makes it a good choice!
- Bill and I will celebrate our 32nd Anniversary on July 7th. Amazing isn’t it? It is even more amazing that we are closer now than at any other time during our marriage. Life is good on the marriage front!
- We’re having guests this weekend; David’s friends from Phoenix are coming down to spend a few days here, sleep on the couch/recliner, mooch some food, watch some movies, and just generally enjoy themselves. We’re always happy to have them visit. They are very nice polite young men and we’re glad to know them, since David will likely be living with them this next year when he goes back to college.
- I’ve been thinking seriously of starting journaling again. Yeah, I know, some of you have heard this before. I’ve mentioned it a few times this month, but haven’t begun yet. There’s just some things I need to get down on paper that I can’t post here on my blog that are causing frustration, anger, sorrow, hurt and anger. Did I mention anger? I don’t deal well with anger, never have. Nor dissension. So I am hoping that journaling might help me deal with some of these feelings, process some ideas, and mentally prepare myself for some of the upcoming issues it looks like I’m going to have to deal with concerning my dad’s estate. Not pretty. And that’s all I’m going to say here.
- It looks like we’re going to need to mow our backyard, or at least mow some sections of it. We’ve had three good rains this week and so some of the grass has taken off. So far this year we have mowed it twice in May and that’s been it. Last year we had to mow it almost weekly from early May until the monsoons began in late June, and then mow it twice a week after that.
- I am in serious need of a Munchkin hug. Or even a Munchkin chat. But I think she’s on the road today, going from her Daddy’s back to Tallahassee. So maybe we can Skype later this weekend.
Should I end this with a thirteen? Why not, Kat has always considered 13 a lucky number. And I really don’t believe in lucky or unlucky numbers, so I guess I’m done! Hopefully I will be posting a good bit more in July than I did in June.
Enjoy your Fourth of July Weekend! We will be going dancing tonight, watching the Coke 400 in Daytona tomorrow night, and watching the movie Independence Day sometime during the weekend. Maybe we’ll even go see the movie Cars 2!