A Yummy Shrimp Recipe
Or tasty, as my cousin Linda would say! I tried this recipe over the weekend and both Bill and I loved it. Charles didn’t try it, as he seemed to have forgotten that he liked shrimp when he took his girl friend out for her birthday last month!
Of course, I didn’t follow the recipe exactly, so please note the modifications!
New Orleans Barbequed Shrimp
Submitted to allrecipes.com by Carl v. Tibbetts
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
1 pound shrimp, heads off and unpeeled
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Wash shrimp and drain well.
3. Melt margarine/butter in a one quart casserole dish. Add salad dressing, lemon juice, black pepper and garlic powder.
4. Add shrimp to the casserole dish. Stir gently to cover the shrimp with the mixture. Cover and bake, stirring occasionally for 25 to 30 minutes or until shrimp are pink.
5. Serve the shrimp hot on a large platter and place the sauce in individual bowls so that you can easily ‘dunk’ bread in the sauce!
I peeled the shrimp first. Takes longer, but much easier to do before it’s cooked and much less messy while eating!
I added four filets of flounder, partially thawed and broken up into smaller pieces.
I increased the recipe by 1/2 to accommodate the additional fish pieces.
Next time I will probably add slightly less butter, as it was very buttery! But very yummy!