Two weeks ago today I was at the beach. Alligator Point, Bald Point State Park, in Franklin County, Florida
I haven’t been to the Gulf Coast (or any ocean beach) since we moved away from Tallahassee in September, 2009.
It was Glorious.
Walking in one direction, it was all blue skies and sunshine.
Turning around to go back, it was suddenly foggy, very spooky looking. The fog was so thick at times that you could see it hitting your glasses!
And then the fog was everywhere.
I spent the day with my lovely granddaughter, Fiona, who I believe enjoyed the beach as much as I did. Possibly more so, as she was willing to wade in and get wet!
We spent most of the day together, shopping at Hobby Lobby, grabbing drinks at Starbucks, and picked up some subs to eat lunch at the beach. While at the beach, we walked 3 miles and picked up many shells that we later divided between us.
It was truly one of the best days of my life.
I’m a little late posting my November goals update, but here it is.
- No Excuses November Work Out – 30 minutes exercise per day – So far, so good. I’ve made it every day. Batting 100%
- November 2015 Walking Challenge – My goal was 60 miles for the month, making an average of 2.0 miles a day. I’m doing better than 100% on this one. After my walk today (the 22nd), I am only 8 short miles from my goal!
- Weight Loss – Static. Haven’t lost any more, but haven’t gained either.
- Quicken – Improvement. Since I remembered to use the tracking program Toggl.com, I been more successful. Out of the 8 weekdays since my Update 1, I have worked on Quicken 3 days. Not optimum, but a definitely improvement.
- Website work – Goal was 1 hour every week day. Since Update 1, I’ve worked 5 our of 8 weekdays. That’s a few less than in the first third of the month.
Overall, I’m pleased with my progress. Now to figure out a way to keep all of these things going, AND keep up with the housework!
My daughter-in-law, Rebecca, sent me this cute “selfie” taken at Liana’s Preschool Thanksgiving Lunch this past week. Amazingly, everyone is smiling. Even more amazing, everyone’s eyes are open! It’s a keeper, for sure.
Charles, Rebecca, and Liana Gibson.